Dried Mushrooms are a staple when it comes to Traditional Christmas Dinners. Cooking with Imported Polish Sliced Dried Porcini Mushrooms – Borowik Szlachetny is easy and delicious. One of the most frequently asked question we get is how do I cook with dried mushrooms.
There are three ways you can prepare dried mushrooms:
- Soak in hot water for 20 minutes and cut as necessary reserve broth as ingredient
- Soak in cold water for 2-4 hours and cut as necessary reserve broth as ingredient
- Powder dried mushrooms in food processor and add to recipes.
Reconstituted dried mushrooms have a ton of flavor and are usually combined with sliced or chopped fresh mushrooms depending on the recipe. Every family has their own special way of using them.
- Christmas Eve Red Borscht with Uszka (mushroom ravioli) – Barszcz Czysty Czerwony
- Christmas Eve Mushroom Soup – Zupa Grzybowa z Kluski – Mushroom Soup with Noodles
- Mushroom and Sauerkraut Pierogi
- Gołabki with grain filling (buckwheat, pearl barley, millet, or rice) and dried forest mushrooms.